First Blog Post
Welcome to my Blog! I am not a professional blogger, but I feel as if I have a good idea based on different movies and tv shows of what this looks like. I do have prior experience in an academic setting when I was a sophomore in high school. My teacher was way ahead of the game (in my opinion) and had us blog our reading responses to different novels and current events. We had to interact with each others blog through out the week. That experience prepared me for college discussion boards and introduced me to academic online citizenship.
I am part of the generation that grew up on social media. That is why I was so excited to take this course! It combined both my professional goals and personal interests. I am currently my school's social media manager and was also the manager of my sorority's social media during undergrad. We actually were recognized by our National organization for our use and accomplishments!
This week I am most interested in seeing how my other classmates attack the blog project. I feel like I am going to enjoy using this as digital-journal regarding my academics for this course.
And just like that... I finished my first post!
.gif)
Hi Micah. ◡̈ When I read your comment about understanding blogging through tv and movies, along with the "and just like that.." comment, my mind immediately jumped to Sex and the City. If you aren't familiar, one of the main characters, Carey Bradshaw, is a writer. Her tone is personal and reflective as she narrates her life and shares excerpts from the articles she writes. Some of my favorite elements are her witty streams of consciousness that often end in a reflective question. I might run with that a bit in future blog posts!
ReplyDeleteA final thought....
(in my best Carrie Bradshaw voice) In the sea of academia, could the act of blogging be our lifeline, helping us to navigate self-doubt and ultimately rediscover the confidence we need?