Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Week 6 Post 1

Web 2.0 in the Wild

This week I attended AVID Summer Institute, a professional development convention for educators. During the conference educators were encouraged to used the hashtags:
  • #AVIDCelebrates
  • #AVIDSI
  • #AVIDFamily 
to share not only their experiences throughout the conference, but also their learning on various socail media platforms. During the general session, a large screen projected the various tweets, instagrams posts, and FB shares from attendees of the conference that had used the hashtag. I have attended this professional development conference before, however this was the first time I had seen social media integrated specifically and intentionally into the curriculum of the various sessions. For example, we learned an activity to help build relationships in our classroom an instead of discussing various ones with our table, we were aske to post to our AVID Educator Facebook group (if we felt comfortable). This was great, because we were able to actively engage in produsage, while also finding resources. Below you can find some examples of social media integration throughout the conference and proof of our online activities. I  hope more professional development's begin to lean into the resources available through social media.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Post 3

Online Activism Lesson Reflecting on online activism in the classroom, I began searching for tools to help students understand the power it ...