Sunday, June 16, 2024

Week 5 Post 3

Digital Footprint Resources

To close out the blog posts this week I decided to take a deep dive into digital footprints and finding resources to share with my students in the future. The first resource I discovered was this video "What is a Digital Footprint?"


The video defines digital footprint and provides tips for keeping a clean digital footprint, which include: 
1. Know what your footprint says about you
2. Manage your privacy settings
3. Manage your cookies
4. Think before you share
This is a quick video that shows students how each piece of the information they put online impacts their digital footprint for good or bad. 

Upon further research I stumbled accross this Youtube Playlist by Common Sense Education that is titled "Digital Citizenship Lessons for Middle School Students."

It includes 12 videos including personal accounts by several students and a connection to a reality show and how online drama can transfer to real life. Common Sense Education also provides lesson plans in the description and other resourceful links to guide educators through the use of the videos. 

Implementing even a few of these videos at the begin of the year with my middle school students can create a lasting impact that will help them keep a well-kept digital footprint. I wish I would have had this resource as a kid! Growing up we would post with out remorse. Which has grown to be the downfall of some very popular people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Post 3

Online Activism Lesson Reflecting on online activism in the classroom, I began searching for tools to help students understand the power it ...