Content Curation
This past week was my Birthday "week" which involved lots of events and more importantly lots of photos. I realized I could use the FACETS process to curate my content to commerate my week.
Find - I gathered all of the photos from my friends into one shared album.
Assess - I went through and deleted unwanted photos.
Choose - I chose my top 15 for Instagram.
Explain - I decided what caption I was going to use.
Tailor - I organized the photos in a an aesthetically pleaseing manor, that would also look good in the profile view of my grid.
Share - I pressed "post" and shared my collection of birthday content to Instagram.
It's interesting to take this exercise and consider how it could be taught and used with in the classroom. For example, as a summative project you have students use FACETS to curate content about a specific unit, time period, or concept. Students would be able to learn a skill that can help them find accurate content knowledge and also a skill they can use in future careers or personal content curation.
I'm buzzing just thinking about how I will be embedding this into my classroom next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment