Long Hot Weekend Challenge Reflection
I'll be honest and say I did not read the class blog prior to participating in the Long Hot Weekend Challenge. However, I was lucky enough to have a fun filled weekend and screenshots in my phone that matched every category for the challenge. I enjoy social media challenges and scavengar hunt and have participated in many for fun over the years. We would use this same tactic to drum up excitement for sorority recruitment when I was in undergrad. To see my take on the challenge check out my post here: @seminolegrad15
1. Sports ⛳️ - playing at PopStroke a newly opened putt putt place owned by Tiger Woods
2. Nature 🐶 - my dog Zoey telling me she was done walking in the Texas heat!
3. The Arts 🎨 - visited Meow Wolf: The Real Unreal and was exposed to so many amazing art pieces and immersive experiences
4. A Concert - a screenshot I sent to my friend begging him to go to ACL Weekend 1 with me this fall!
5. The Movies 🍿 - watched LA LA LAND for the first time
6. Fine Dining 🍝 - enjoyed Eatly, an authentic italian experiences and market
7. BBQ 🍗 - chicken legs for dinner at Medieval Times (yes we did have to use our hands)
8. Relaxing 😎 - enjoying refreshments poolside while conquering my latest read
9. Hanging w/ Friends 👯♀️ - an example I found while visiting Meow Wofl that embodies how I want spend my time hanging out with my friends all summer long
10. Big Night Out 🏰 - went to Medieval Times for a friends birthday1
I created an Instagram account just for this course, which I am glad I did because I do not feel the same social pressures regarding what I am posting that I normally due on my personal account. I will say I want to opt for a "faceless" approach to this account (hence the photo choice for "hanging out with friends"). I'm choosing to go faceless, because I have my personal account that I post all pictures of myself I want to be seen. Posting my "face" or my friends faces to another account would seem over the top. I am also a teacher with a teacher instagram and have found that middle school students are FBI-level professionals at finding teacher's social media. I want to keep this profile underwraps as not to give them anymore "ammunition" for when we return in the fall!
I love social media challenges and am looking forward to participating in more this semester.
Edited ·

Hi Micah! I can relate so much to how students are so good at finding teachers' social media. This happened to me too, never allowing them to follow me haha. Thanks for inspiring me to also participate in this challenge. After reading your posts, I also uploaded mine on Instagram. I could see you had a fun weekend!
ReplyDelete