Produsage, Digital Natives, and Networking.. Oh My!
This week's readings really resonated with me. It connected my personal life, my life as an educator, and my life as a student. I am a digital native who is teaching digital natives. I actively post on social media and engage in produsage. I understand what networked individuals, also known as influencers, are and how they impact pop culture and out society. If I wasn't a teacher I would want to be a social media manager for an athletic team. I currently run the social media for my school and ran my sorority's social media in college. Being a digital native is beneficial for my career, because it makes it easier to connect with kids through pop culture and I am able to easily navigate learning systems with ease.
My biggest take away from this week is that digitial citizenship should be integrated into school curriculum more intentionally, because are students are digital natives who engage in produsage. Although, the school year is over I am already planning to implement digital citizenship lessons into our schoolwide advisory lessons next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment