Another Side of Social Media
This week I began to use social media for the purpose of seeking out information for this course rather than pleasure. Instead of using the FSU Library, I found my self searching "Web 2.0" in the Instagram search bar. I saw many infographics (lots of screenshots and repeats of the same pictures) and viewed a few Reels. I found all of the information to be accurrate and reflected what was spoken of in the readings. I feel though that it could be easy to fall in a trap of misinformation.
Here's what I found:
- An infographic explaining the transition from Web 1.0 to Web 3.0: https://www.instagram.com/p/C47wJGELrUq/?igsh=MW1qNmR5eTNteXg4Mg%3D%3D
- This Reel gives a 60 second explaination of the transition: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYIClw4JttT/?igsh=MWkyZ3BtNGtsY3cy
A few things I'm hoping to get from this course include:
- how to effectively implement social media in my classroom
- how to effectively use social media to help participate in this class
- what social media platforms are best for what purposes
I want to contitnue exploring different social media platforms each week for the purpose of supplementing my learning for this course. This week I used Instagram, next week I want to utilize Twitter or Facebook. I enjoy social media so getting to use for the sake class work makes the experience so much more enjoyable and has already increased my interest and motivation in the couse.
Hi, Micah! I’m Bridgette (Web 2.0 Learning Lab). What a great idea to use social media sites to learn about Web 2.0. That didnt even cross my mind. I’m going to try it. Thanks for the tip!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea. I often turn to social media for insight on information in my personal life - why not try it out in my education. Thanks for you post and insight.
ReplyDelete