Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Week 7 Post 2

The Assignment is Posted on Instagram

This week I sought out lesson plan ideas that integrate social media for inspiration. I found a few resources. The University of San Diego's Professional and Continuing Education blog had some helpful lesson ideas to try:

  • Using blogs to chart learning progress
  • Using Instagram or TikTok for visual responses
  • Using Twitter to illustratte the dangers of misinformation
  • Use LinkedIn to help older students craft their resumes
The blog also identified best practices for integrating social media in education including:
  • Set professional boundaries
  • Prioritize increasing digital literacy
  • Promote student achievements
  • Manage multiple accounts from the same place
This blog got me brainstorming for my own ideas for social media lessons:
  • Have students create a Pinterest board to represent a unit
  • Have students blog from the point of view of a character or historical figure
  • Use Intagram for students to share visual reflections of their learning for the week
  • Host discussions on Twitter/X using a common hashttag
  • Createt a class Youtube Channel for students to use and 
  • Have students follow universities/colleges they are interested in applying in to learn more

I am excited to try implementing this in some of my future lessons. I believe utilizing a blog might be the most attainable for my entry into Web 2.0 platforms within the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Post 3

Online Activism Lesson Reflecting on online activism in the classroom, I began searching for tools to help students understand the power it ...